Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ode to the Moon


I finally saw that ghostly gallon tonight, hiding as if not to be found, behind a substantial lot of trees. It loomed as if seeking something beyond its reach. Its radiance, the pale moonlight spilling over things, gave away its hiding spot. It was only a sliver, as if a jagged knife, slicing threw the nights air, to show its sorrow for its loss of volume. It searches for the sun with no avail. If it is lucky, a few times a year, it will catch a glimpse of the sun as it is going down. But it is faint as if not really there. A shadow, or an outline, of the night ahead. It is majestic in its sorrowful beauty. Something the sun will never posses.


Lain

3 comments:

Bostan said...

I really like it.
Great, Great job.
Can i read it to my mom? She likes this kind of stuff.

Lain said...

Sure if you want. I wrote it a while ago in my journal, and found it a few days ago. Isn't the picture beautiful!!!! I did not take it of corse but I wish I did.

Bostan said...

yea the picture is beautiful. I wish i took it. (Lol)